Click here to download a copy of the position description.
DIPACO, founded in 1948, is a worldwide distributor of diesel fuel injection parts. Our clients range from small local businesses to some of the best-known diesel parts suppliers in the industry.
We are 100% employee-owned and offer a relaxed working environment with competitive compensation and benefits, including company paid medical, matching 401(k), and company stock ownership.
Our Core Values are: providing superior products, excellence in reputation, never being satisfied, and Ownership through teamwork, respect, performance, and responsibility.
About the Position:
DIPACO has a clear vision for growth. We believe the impossible is POSSIBLE and we are always striving for better. We want a Territory Manager to help translate this ambitious passion and growth to our customers. We view our customers as our business partners; their success is our success. You will grow existing accounts, work to identify and convert new customers, and achieve set sales goals and metrics. We like to win and we are adding to our team!
Territory Manager Primary Focus:
Your primary responsibility is the sales of DIPACO products to existing and new customers.
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. You need to be an effective communicator, able to engage and motivate prospects and customers by being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with. You must be friendly, genuinely interested in the business, the agenda and the needs of others, including the company, its management, the team, the company’s customers, or all of the above. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate DIPACO’s policies, programs and systems both verbally and written. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. All follow-up will be done carefully, closely and cheerfully as to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationship(s). Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. As time is typically a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as accurately. This is a position where guidelines, structure and established policies must be followed closely while working with and for others.
Do you like earning money through a performance-based system? What about a performance-based system with no cap and potential for bonuses? If you are successful, you will earn a strong commission. You will have an established territory that you will maintain and grow. As you grow your business your income will grow. We don’t “reset” commissions every year. There is no limit on your earning potential! You will report directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
Characteristics of Position:
• There is a need for persuasive “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
• Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions
• Fast-paced environment
• Multiple projects going simultaneously
• Very socially focused; required “how can I help you?” attitude
• Active selling, with a purpose, is critical
• High emphasis and attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring others fosters the relationship
• Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important
• Open, flowing communication is important
• Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role
• Team environment: must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary
• Must lead by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise
• Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Grow and maintain existing territory
• Generate repeat and new sales
• Communicate effectively for up to 8 hours per day on the telephone, with a large assortment of people
• Determine customer needs and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
• Recommend products to “help grow their business” based on cost, availability, need, profitability or specifications
• Present price, policy and procedure in accordance with company policy
• Increase sales per transaction by cross-selling, up-selling or add-on sales as well as promotional sale items
• Educate customers on new products, services or benefits available to them
• Setup and maintain customer files
• Maintain proficiency in using personal computer and other common office equipment and software
• Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products
• Identify trends in customer and territory purchases
• Identify trends in customer and territory satisfaction or dissatisfaction
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Align working hours with that of specified customer territory
• Effectively manage time
• Meet personal, territory and company goals
• Limited travel as necessary for meetings or trainings
• Perform other duties as assigned
You are a sharp and articulate person who is 100% comfortable spending most of their workday talking on the phone with customers and prospects. You will need to be a sponge, soaking up knowledge and information on a daily basis. You must be willing to ask questions, seek answers and be proactive in resolving issues at hand. While our office provides a relaxed environment, you will be fast paced and active through the day. You enjoy a challenge and take responsibility for your performance.
To be effective you must be able to communicate efficiently and persuasively with a large assortment of personalities throughout each day. Your verbal and written communication skills must be top-notch. It is important that you can handle rejection and not take it personally. Instead, you are able to identify the issues and consider it as a “not now” rather than a “no” and focus your energy on “getting to yes”. You are hungry for success.
You like to win. A lot. You are confident, careful and articulate with your words, providing a learning experience for those you are talking with, but are also able to think on your feet. You love talking on the phone and are diligent about doing so. You are dynamic. You are dependable. You are thorough. And in case we forgot, you like to win!
Skills and Experience:
• Two (2) years sales experience preferred in relationship based selling
• Experience with CRM products is a plus, willingness to learn is required
• Organization and time management skills, with an ability to cope with fluctuating workload and circumstances
• Ability to adapt quickly to new and varied tasks
• Analytical skills
• Word and Excel proficiency is required
• Basic computer skills and knowledge is required
• Proficiency with social networking sites is a plus
Interested? Click here to submit your resume.